Thursday, September 6, 2007

Dolphin trailer rebuild

Well it looks like larry wanted the project done... so he threatened to finesse the trailer .. Actually we started by removing the old ratty rusted bunks. In the pics you see the 1x66"x6 PTL i used oinstead of 2x4s for bunks. i should have made these longer. They do have enough flex to support the boat but they are not holding it high enough off of the front roller.

Here is the trailer cleaned up and the new bunk supports loosely installed... There are the old tires on the side and the grinder used to remove the bunks.. The wolfe clamps are my favorites.. german closeouts from Home Depot.
Stapling on the carpet onto the bunk supports
One bunk installed , one to go. It needs to be longer, but it does cure to hull with no bouncing.
I still need to replace the coupler to a 2x 2 and rewire the lights and attach the spare.
As Larry says a free boat and trailer is "the gift that keeps on taking "
Posted by Picasa

No comments: